Running is the most primal workout you have. You own it completely. It requires no equipment and can be done anytime, anywhere. You can begin running right now. It is a workout that is written into your bones, your joints, your muscles and your DNA. Your body has been designed meticulously to run since the time when we became human beings. Being someone who can run is being someone who is complete master and owner of their fitness destiny.
Your Bonus Challenge for Week 4 is to RUN for 10 minutes every day next week. What does that mean? It means that every day, starting on Monday, you will practice the art of running for at least 10 minutes every day.
- Your Bonus Challenge running must be done in addition to the running you do in a regular workout. So, if you do four 400m runs in a WOD, that does not count as your running for the day. Your running time must be separate, and dedicated to running only.
- You may combine your 10 minutes of weekly challenge running with your workout, so long as your workout contains 10 continuous minutes of running. So, when you do your 10 minutes of running you are covered for both your weekly challenge requirement andyour workout.
- You may count a warm-up run before a workout at CFI as your daily running requirement as long as you are consciously practicing running, do it for 10 minutes and are not just chatting while jogging.
- Your running may be either technique practice or work based (for time), but the 10 minutes must be dedicated to running only.
- If you physically cannot run (i.e. you are injured), you may substitute 15 minutes of vigorous walking for your running requirement.
Run for 10 minutes for 7 days and earn your 2 bonus points for the week (as well as the freedom to work out anytime, anywhere)!