CrunChy ChiCken tenders
by Shirley Brown and Alyssa Dazet
Sweet Cheeks Headquarters
Do you want to be the coolest parent around? Then send your kids to school with crunchy chicken tenders in their brown-bag lunch! While all the other kids are eating their soggy chicken tenders from the school lunch lady, your kids will be crunching away on a healthier and tastier version that will be the envy of even the most popular kids! You just made yourself into the … coolest … parent … ever.
makes 4-6 servings
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. pepper
2 cups crushed sweet-potato chips or plantain chips
Olive oil for frying
Serve your tenders with mustard for dipping.
1. Mix together arrowroot, chili powder, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Whisk eggs into a second bowl.
3. Place crushed chips onto a plate.
4. Dredge the chicken tenders through the arrowroot mixture, then the egg, then the chips. Place on a separate plate.
5. Generously cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat until bubbling.
6. Place the tenders in the skillet in a single layer and cook 1 to 11⁄2 minutes on each side until golden. Add more olive oil to pan between
batches and let it heat up to bubbling before adding more chicken tenders.